Lost Creek State Park is located seven miles south of Newport, Oregon. The park is developed for picnicking and beach access. Great for beachcombing, whale watching and incredible sunsets.
In 1933, two small tracts of land were given to protect the shore pine and other vegetation and secure the beach for public use. These were given by Ben E. Smith and Lincoln County. Later, Lincoln County gave additional land, and the balance was purchased from private owners up to 1967. During the First World War, there was need of spruce timber used in aircraft production. As a result, even after the war ended, there was heavy exploitation of Sitka spruce along the Oregon and Washington coasts. Railroads were built into the forests to obtain the spruce logs. The old railroad through this park extended from forest tracts south of Waldport to Yaquina Bay and was in operation from 1918 to 1920.