Take a break from the open road and pull into this uncharacteristically wooded area. Have a spot of lunch alongside a cool stream or rest in the shade of large Ponderosa pine. The park has picnic tables, drinking water, flush toilets, and access to Crooked Creek, home to rainbow trout and crayfish.
The original land for this area was given to the state in 1925 and 1928 by S. B. and Hattie Chandler. Additional lands were purchased in 1965 and 1967 when the highway was relocated.