Maud Williamson occupies a flat edge of cultivated Willamette Valley farm land on the west side of the Salem-Dayton highway. It's covered by a fine stand of second-growth Douglas fir. The park also includes a historic farm house once occupied by the person who donated the property as a park.
The park provides a covered picnic shelter which can be reserved for group picnics. Volleyball and horseshoes are available at this site. Large Douglas fir trees tower overhead providing excellent wildflower viewing in the early spring. Trilliums are abundant here.
The original 20 acres was given in 1937 by Maud Williamson in memory of her mother. On the tract is an historic farmhouse once occupied by the original donor and her brother. Historically, the area is part of the Adam Matheny Donation Land Claim. Matheny came to Oregon in the migration of 1843. A relative, Daniel Matheny, operated the first wagon and team ferry on the Willamette River (1844) at the nearby town of Wheatland. A ferry still operates at this point.