|Camping:||Mar 1 - Nov 30|
|Day Use:||Year Round|
Major Features & Activities
- Hiking Trails
- Dump Station
- Cabins/Yurts Pets OK
- Hiker Biker
- Restrooms Flush (ADA)
- Hot Shower (ADA)
- Exhibit Information (ADA)
The day-use area is open with reduced services. Pack out trash. Do not travel far to visit. Be prepared to turn around if full. Facilities may close without notice.
Some services are reduced:
- 31 electrical sites with water (first come, first served)
- 2 reservable tepees CLOSED for 2020
- Hiker/biker camp
- Hot showers and flush toilets REDUCED HOURS
- Firewood and ice sales MAY BE UNAVAILABLE
- RV dump station
- Horseshoe pits
- Outdoor amphitheater with summer interpretive programs MAY BE CANCELLED
The information below applies to pre-COVID-19 operations.
Think of Clyde Holliday State Recreation Site as an oasis. Its tall, willowy cottonwood trees provide shade and serenity. Each campsite is clothed with a variety of trees and other plants to give you that private, secluded feeling. The park borders the beautiful John Day River and is surrounded on all sides by some of Oregon's most pristine wilderness areas. You're as likely to have wildlife neighbors as human ones: the majestic Rocky Mountain elk and mule deer are frequent visitors. You can experience the thrill of seeing steelhead rush upriver to spawn. The park lies in the shadow of the Strawberry Mountain Range just a short drive away.
Note to visitors: Mosquitoes are especially active during May-July. Please prepare accordingly!
- Amenities include a wooden bench, space heater and vinyl covered sleeping pads for 8 people
- If you arrive after 9 p.m., please do not disturb the Campground Host. The tepee will be unlocked and the key will be inside.