Brian Booth State Park is made up of two distinct areas: Ona Beach Day-use and beach access, and Beaver Creek State Natural Area.
A boat launch is located on North Beaver Creek Road, just across Highway 101 from Ona Beach. From here, a three-mile paddle meanders through the marshes and wetlands of the Beaver Creek estuary.
Five miles of trails are located a mile east of Ona Beach at Beaver Creek State Natural Area.
The land was purchased between 1938 and 1968 from private owners, and includes one gift of 10 acres from Lincoln County made in 1963. Ona is known as a Chinook jargon word for razor clam. In the days before the completion of the Coast Highway, the beach between Newport and Seal Rock was used as an access road. Motorists would travel at low tide, following the mail carrier who knew the best way to cross Beaver Creek. The park was first known as Ona Beach State Park, but was renamed in 2013 to honor the first Oregon State Parks and Recreation Commission chairperson.